Mindshift 1: You want to run like a top dog? Then treat everyone like a top dog. And keep running. Don't stop.
Mindshift 2: It's no longer nation-state vs nation-state. It's no longer company vs company. It's individual vs individual. And they are all your potential partners.
A few 'sticky' ideas for the generalist who should really be a 'versatilist'
0. Education, education, education.
1. 'Sticky', portable skill sets:
2. Flexible, hungry, can-do, want-to-do mindset
3. Always on 24/7/365, jacked into the twin real worlds of physicality and wired (i.e. virtual, Internet-based). Leverage on Globalisation 3.0 and Web 3.0. Skype (or your favourite VoiP provider). No more problems with presentism or absentism! Go have a life! Proviso: mesh work into your life.
4. Network indiscriminately. Know the center of the network and the tipping point.
5. Always remember the triple bottom line/corporate social responsibility (or whatever the newest buzz word is right now).
6. Energy sufficiency and bio-technoloy are going to be HUGE.
I am enthused/terrified already.